Founded in 2012, Working Women International was established to educate, empower, and equip women with the tools and resources necessary to secure and/or maintain employment. The vision of Working Women International is to ensure women have support and access to what they need in order to become economically independent. This includes, but is not limited to, guidance and referrals to help eliminate barriers that would otherwise hinder or prevent employment, such as domestic abuse, childcare, transportation, legal matters, housing, food, and clothing.
The goals of Working Women International are:
- To equip women with tools and resources to secure employment and turn jobs into rewarding careers
- To develop and maintain strong community partnerships in order to provide support services
- To encourage women to continue striving toward their personal, educational, and career goals
- To strengthen the bond between women by promoting sisterhood and support of one another
- To empower women to become economically independent, and free from welfare
Working Women International will aim to unite women in the workforce while being a community catalyst, meeting the needs of clients, and making a difference in the lives of women. Working Women International is not an employment agency. It is a support services organization geared towards assisting women who are working, ready to work and/or ready for change. The organization is volunteer based and operates using private donations and sponsorship, fundraising, and grant funding, where available. For more information about the organization, to become a volunteer, or to donate, please contact us.